Thursday, July 1, 2010

Web Series Review - MISS BEHAVE, Pts 1 to 3



I have a low tolerance for teenage dramas. I grew up in the days of John Hughes flicks and the Brat Pack...so I figure I've already seen the best of the best. However, because of the actors and my support for web series, I decided to give Miss Behave a chance.

With so many of the web shows that I've been watching so far, the episodes start out well and end with something that keeps you want to come back for more, accompanied by catchy title music that catches in the brain. It's just occasionally in the middle of the 8-or-so minute episodes that my interest wanes. Since we're only dealing with 10 minutes or less a week, I expect every minute to be riveting, darn it!

Being the long-term Days of Our Lives watcher that I am, I remember Jillian Claire well as poor little Abby Deveraux, devastated that Daddy Jack Deveraux (Matthew Ashford) died and taking it all out on Mommy Jennifer Deveraux (Melissa Reeves). I was all wrapped up as a viewer and crying right along with her. So I was curious to see what I would think of her as the lead character of this new web series. So far, I like what I see. She's really striking, reminding me a bit of young Shannon Doherty at the height of her fame. Her character, Tori, is one of those beautiful teenagers all full of spit, vinegar and hormones, who is bound to get pregnant or thrown in jail...whichever comes first. As usual with these kind of shows, Tori is all into this bad boy named Riley (Marco James) who seems to be the typical James Dean wannabe rebel without a clue. Also along for the ride is Tasha (Bianca Magick) who is Tori's BFF who encourages her to get into trouble.

I admit I never cared much for "Max Brady" on Days, way too much of a goody-goody hypocrite who had to sleep with every girl in Salem while giving everyone else lectures on morality. But I admit Darin Brooks as Mr. Owens, Tori's drama teacher who seems to have more than a scholarly interest in her, has me curious to come back and watch future episodes. Will he be her downfall? Or will she be his?

The sub-plot of Tori's brother, Billy (Trevor Nelson), doesn't really engage me yet, but I'm sure it needs time to build and actually go somewhere.

So far, Miss Behave could use some improvement but is off to a good start. Go to the Miss Behave website to learn more about the show and view the episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment