Usually, my opinions are the direct opposite from the Fashion Police at all the awards shows. I don't give a flying doughnut about trends or "who you're wearing". I prefer looks that are exciting and flattering on the actresses. So, in no particular order, my picks for Best Dressed at the Daytime Emmys.
1. Judi Evans (Adrienne, DAYS OF OUR LIVES). I love this shade of green; and she wears it so well.
2. Alicia Minshew (Kendall, ALL MY CHILDREN). Hard for me to not be contemptuous of a woman who can look thin in this shade of sky blue.
3. Kristen Alderson (Starr, ONE LIFE TO LIVE, pictured right). Golden Girl at the Prom.
4. Christel Khalil (Lily, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS). Funky and different. Khalil effortlessly pulls off this look.
5. Jacqueline MacInnes Wood (Steffy, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL). Crazy bright orange and flamboyant. Should be a disaster...but totally works. What you would expect on the Forrester catwalk on her soap. Brava!
6. Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS). Despite all of the insanity about her current status on the soap, Scott shows everyone on the red carpet that she's no one to mess with.
7. Julie Pinson (ex-Janet, AS THE WORLD TURNS). I love ladies who take chances and don't play it safe with the simple boring tiny black dress.
8. Hayley Pullos (Molly, GENERAL HOSPITAL). Age-appropriate with a fun flapper style in purple. Good choice.
9. Lindsay Hartley (Cara, ALL MY CHILDREN). To be honest, I don't know what it is that appeals to me about her look. It just all works...and works well.
10. Julie Marie Berman (Lulu, GENERAL HOSPITAL). Julie could give Crystal Chappell a few pointers about how to pull off a silver sparkly dress.
11. Kassie dePaiva (Blair, ONE LIFE TO LIVE). Red, hot and smokin'. Damn, I will miss this actress when the soap goes off the air.