Monday, December 19, 2011

Soap Opera Round-Up 12/12 to 12/16: Better Late Than...



SOAP OPERA OF THE WEEK: Again, ONE LIFE TO LIVE is so much fun with the "Fraternity Row" storyline. I'm loving their nod to GENERAL HOSPITAL and James Franco...oh, excuse me...SOUTH WEST GENERAL and Franco James. How can you make a timely storyline like this better? Add Tuc Watkins to the mix. Which leads me to...

BEST ACTOR OF THE WEEK: Tuc Watkins (David, ONE LIFE TO LIVE). As the famous quote goes, "Dying is easy, comedy is hard". Every time Tuc is on the show, I know I will be chuckling at some point before the episode is over. That sort of talent should not be overlooked. When OLTL goes, Tuc will be one of the actors I'll miss the most.

BEST ACTRESS OF THE WEEK: Kimberly McCullough (Robin, GENERAL HOSPITAL). Yes, this AIDS storyline is one of the worst soap stories ever...but Kimberly is trying her best to give this plot respect and seriousness, despite the headwriters.

I apologize for not including commentary on every soap this week. Between a broken computer cord and Xmas shopping insanity, the time got away from me. Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment