Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Web Series Review - MISS BEHAVE, pts. 4 thru 11



Realizing that I lapsed way behind on watching the Miss Behave episodes (too many web series, soaps, primetime shows, movie and theater...too little time!), I managed to watch 8 episodes in about an hour's time. So far, I'm loving the music and the actors. My complaint is that the plot points seem kind of obvious and the build-up is slow. I was hoping for a little bit more excitement, but this series seems to be catering mainly to the teenage crowd so far unless some serious twists start to show up. Maybe Tori will have gotten pregnant the night of the wild party. Maybe Mr. Owens will stop being another Max Brady imitation, this time in drama teacher mode. Maybe Patrika Darbo will actually get to show her comic skills as the psychiatrist, Dr. Freed. There's potential for the series to really take off if some real action starts to happen. At the moment though, I feel like I'm watching a John Hughes (director of teen classics such as Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and The Breakfast Club) movie set in 2010 without the hysterical comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment