Thursday, November 14, 2013

DAY OF DAYS 2013 INTERVIEW with BLAKE BERRIS



THE DAY OF DAYS 2013 INTERVIEWS WITH ALL OF THE CAST MEMBERS CAN BE HEARD HERE:  http://www.blogtalkradio.com/outtakes/2013/11/12/outtakes-at-day-of-days-2013


Blake Berris (Nick Fallon, DAYS OF OUR LIVES) -- November 9th, 2013


OUTTAKES:  I love your work as Nick.  I like Nick whether he’s a nice guy or whether he’s a bad guy.  And lately he’s starting to get a little bit off the rails…

BB:  Yes, definitely going off the rails!

OUTTAKES:  Do you have a preference of how you play him?

BB:  I’d say what I enjoy…I’d say that the balance is essential to Nick.  Like I love the fact that he has his dark side and his lighter loving side.  I like the stuff on Smith Island and what they exposed about what happened to him in prison because I think it gave the audience a chance to sympathize with where he was at and why he was doing what he was doing.  That he didn’t just seem like he didn’t have motivation for all that stuff.  I thought that was very cool; and I think it helped balance the character in a way that made him make sense and made it possible for people to have compassion for him.  For someone who is a pretty psychotic person.

OUTTAKES:  What would you like to see happen with Nick?  Do you have a preference for a certain storyline for him?

BB:  I’ve always kind of been interested in Nick’s mental stability.  I think it would be interesting to investigate psychologically what’s at the root at that.  Whether it be therapy or any number of psychological investigations of what’s up.  Because he has a family history of mental instability.  So I thought that would be cool. 

OUTTAKES:  You’ve also just done the indie film, METH HEAD, that has been on the film festival circuit.  Any other indie films you’re working on?

BB:  Yes.  I have another indie film called HOUSE OF LAST THINGS which I’m actually going to Mexico next week for another film festival.  It premiered at a festival called Gerardmer in France.  We had another festival in Brazil; and I’m about to go to one in Mexico.  It hasn’t had its US premiere yet, but it’s a very cool suspense/fantasy.  Not horror but scary.  And it’s really cool.  I’m really proud of it; and I’m excited for people to see that one too.  

1 comment:

  1. Blake is a very talented actor who's gained a wide fan base. I hope he'll be on DOOL for a while longer and look forward to seeing both METH HEAD and HOUSE OF LAST THINGS. He always delivers a terrific performance.

    ReplyDelete