Thursday, November 14, 2013

DAY OF DAYS 2013 INTERVIEW with KATE MANSI


THE DAY OF DAYS 2013 INTERVIEWS WITH ALL OF THE CAST MEMBERS CAN BE HEARD HERE:  http://www.blogtalkradio.com/outtakes/2013/11/12/outtakes-at-day-of-days-2013

Kate Mansi (Abigail Deveraux, DAYS OF OUR LIVES) -- November 9th, 2013


OUTTAKES:  So Abby’s in an interesting situation now with both of her guys leaving Salem.  If you could control the storyline of what would happen with Abby, what would you like to see happen?

KM:  I think I would like to see Abigail get a job.  I would love to see her be a psychologist and be throwing herself into her work. 

OUTTAKES:  I’d love to see her be a go-getter because she has that Jack Deveraux quality to her.  What do you love the most about playing the character?

KM:  I love Abigail as somebody who’s sort of fearless when it comes to matters of the heart.  She’s not afraid to risk falling in love.  She’s been hurt before; and for somebody who was a virgin for so long and was waiting for the right person, there’s such a sweetness there of her innocence, of how she views love; and she just believes that the right person is there.  She really wants to believe the best in people but she – like her father – has that really inquisitive personality that is always very analytical; and she’s always asking questions about life.  She’s always on an ocean of big waves and riding wherever it is taking her.

OUTTAKES:  I’ve seen you tweet a lot about the charitywater campaign.  Could you tell us about that?

KM:  Yes.  Thank you so much for asking about it.  I started working with charitywater because they are an incredible organization where 100% of the proceeds go towards funding water projects in designated areas.  I just think they’re a fantastic charity that does great things; and in September, I did a birthday campaign where I raised over $8,000 for a water project to be in two communities because of the amount we raised in Orissa, India.  That was such a special campaign for me because I was naïve about the water crisis before I started.  Once I learned about it, it just really has affected my whole life.  I can’t walk to get a glass of water from the fridge without thinking about how many more steps somebody would have to take in India or Africa or somewhere else.  It is something I’m really passionate about because 1 in 9 people in the world are living without access to clean water which is a really terrifying statistic.  So I’m really excited that charitywater has allowed us to extend the campaign through to December 31st now.  And we have some great prizes like a script of a really exciting episode that the cast and I have signed – and all of my notes are in it.  Also, there’s a water can that I used for a photo shoot that everybody [from DAYS] has signed.  We’re raffling off a lunch as well so we’re really excited for people to join the campaign and raise more money for that.

--------------------

To find out more about Kate's K20 Charity:  Water Campaign -- visit http://my.charitywater.org/k2o-birthday-benefit-

No comments:

Post a Comment