Friday, November 15, 2013

DAY OF DAYS 2013 INTERVIEW with JEN LILLEY



THE DAY OF DAYS 2013 INTERVIEWS WITH ALL OF THE CAST MEMBERS CAN BE HEARD HERE:  http://www.blogtalkradio.com/outtakes/2013/11/12/outtakes-at-day-of-days-2013

Jen Lilley (Theresa Donovan, DAYS OF OUR LIVES) -- November 9th, 2013


OUTTAKES:  How do you like playing Theresa?

JL:  I love it.  It’s such a challenge for me. I love that every script has its twists and turns that I just did not see coming.  It’s an adventure and I love it.  I never get bored with her.  I think she’s fascinating.  

OUTTAKES:  She’s quite different from Queen Esther [from the movie THE BOOK OF ESTHER] and Maxie [GENERAL HOSPITAL].


JL:  No doubt about that.


OUTTAKES:  So Charles Shaughnessy and Patricia Pease, longtime favorites, have returned to the show as Teresa’s parents.  What was it like working with them?


JL:  It was so incredible.  Patsy is amazing.  She’s the most fantastic woman.  She can cut into the very marrow of my bones.  She affects me like few actors have ever been able to affect me.  She’s a powerhouse.  A powerful actress.  And she’s a lovely person.  She’s so kind.  I’d never had the privilege of talking to her before.  She is just something else as a person in real life too.  So it was a dream come true working with her; and I’d like to work with her many many times.  With Charles Shaughnessy, I was just freaking out a little bit because I love THE NANNY; and so it was one of those moments where it’s like “Pinch me!  I can’t believe this is happening.  This is my real life.”  And so I’m freaking that here I am working with Charles Shaughnessy.  It was just such a great experience.

OUTTAKES:  If you could write a storyline for Theresa, what would you like to see happen to her?


JL:  I don’t know.  I would love to explore a mental illness.  I would love for her to have multiple personalities like Kimberly did; so she would be really mentally and chemically unstable.  But at the same time, I would also love for her to have a romance storyline.  I like her being evil.  I don’t want her to be fully redeemed, but at the same time, I think everyone has some sort of soul mate.  And that would be a fun side of her to play.


---------------------

RELATED INTERVIEWS:

Jen Lilley and Thaao Penghlis -- THE BOOK OF ESTHER -- 5/31/13


http://www.blogtalkradio.com/outtakes/2013/05/31/the-book-of-esther--jen-lilley-and-thaao-penghlis

Jen Lilley  -- 12/18/12

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/outtakes/2012/12/18/jen-lilley

No comments:

Post a Comment